We are pleased to share with you that we are now actively recruiting for UBS NextGen Leaders, a free, comprehensive college success program for African-American and Hispanic/Latino males in the 12th grade. This initiative is a new partnership between UBS and SEO Scholars.
The application deadline is Sunday, October 26, 2014 and all eligible students are encouraged to apply. The application is easy to complete and should take no longer than 20 minutes.
Benefits to students include:
· College and financial aid application workshop
· Free laptop for college
· Paid international travel experience
· One-on-one support from an advisor throughout college
· Semi-annual leadership events with inspirational speakers and skill-building courses
· Internship and career preparation
· Community of motivated students
· Mentoring by business professionals and networking opportunities
· African American or Hispanic/Latino males in the 12th grade
· Public high school students from New York City, Newark, NJ, Weehawken, NJ, or Stamford, CT
· Minimum GPA of 80 or 2.7
· Have taken/scheduled to take the SAT or ACT in 2014 and plan to apply to a four-year college
· We would like to set up a phone conversation or in-person presentation with schools by October 17, in consideration of the application deadline.
· Recruitment brochures will be sent to all DOE high schools next week.
We hope you are able to forward this information to your networks. Please let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing applications from your students!
Cristina Vélez, LMSW
SEO Scholars, College
Sponsors for Educational Opportunity (SEO)
55 Exchange Place, Suite 601
New York, NY 10005
“Transforming Public High School Students into College Graduates”
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter